Wednesday 28 January 2015

2015 Australian Open Predictions - Semi Finals

How did I do last round?

Men's - 4/4
Women's - 2/4

I'm happy with this, most predictors would have got 2 or 3 of the Men's matches right, so maybe I was lucky. My women's performance was par for the course. Unfortunately for me, par wasn't good enough as 24/31 participants remaining in the Women's Drop Out contest were eliminated. To win one of these, you need to perform above expectation, and sometimes you get lucky, and other times the others get lucky. I'm now out of all of that site's competitions. Maybe next time I'll win.

Now, for the semi-final predictions. Stan Wawrinka as the 2nd best player still in got the tough draw, Andy Murray must be happy about that. On the other side, the Women's matches are more balanced.

Jan 29 • 08:30Tomáš Berdych-Andy Murray
Jan 30 • 08:30Novak Djokovic-Stanislas Wawrinka

Jan 29 • 02:30Ekaterina Makarova-Maria Sharapova
Jan 29 • 04:00Serena Williams-Madison Keys